Averett University Add Manage articles How do I edit a course in Moodle? Help Center English Published How do I edit a course in Moodle? Last edited yesterday by Tom Dawson Cancel Update Show in Help Center Publish in section Changes affect all translations Moodle 2+ Articles for Teachers Open for comments Promote article Author Tom Dawson Tom Dawson Labels Attachments Choose Files Upload attachment (max 20MB) Delete article Source code
Editing a Course
To change or add resources you will first need to turn editing on. You can do this by following the turn editing on link in the Course Administrator's block or by pressing the button at the top right of the course homepage. You may turn editing back off in the same manner. Here is a list of icons that will appear on the page when editing is turned on:
- the edit icon lets you alter/update whatever resource or activity it is next to.
- the open-eye icon means an item is visible to students. It closes when clicked on.
- the closed-eye icon means an item is hidden from students. It opens when clicked on.
- the left arrow icon is used to indent course elements. There is also a right arrow icon.
- the move icon allows course elements to be placed anywhere.
- the move here icon appears when moving a course element.
- the delete icon will permanently delete something from the course.
- The paper icon duplicates the activity
There is also a "Switch role to" link under the course administration block on the left. This link allows you to see things exactly as your students would.